The TAF Academies are 6th-12th grade STEM-focused partner schools–formed in partnership with public school districts–that prepare students for college and careers. One of our primary goals at each TAF Academy is to enlist students as active participants in their own education. We help students cultivate a keen awareness of the critical contributions they are capable of making in a world that knows fewer and fewer limits.
TAF Academy impacts students by:
- Implementing a project-based curriculum focused on college readiness, STEM and civic engagement;
- Giving students the skills they’ll use to become leaders and innovators in STEM-related fields and in their communities;
- Giving all students the support they need to sustain a high level of academic achievement; and
- Providing them with daily opportunities to examine the issues, topics and problems they’ll face throughout their adult lives.
Students’ experiences in and outside of class teach them how to turn knowledge and understanding into application outside of class, through disciplined inquiry, written and verbal communication, and practice in real-world STEM environments.
TAF Academy provides:
- Continuous access to leading-edge technology;
- Frequent and meaningful assessments (not just tests);
- Tutoring and instruction customized to each student’s learning style; and
- Opportunities to learn to solve real problems and excel when presented with the most challenging work.
When TAF Academy students graduate, they receive a diploma that meets all Washington State and district requirements, and are academically and culturally ready for college.